error

Robert Toop toop82 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 00:01:08 EST 2005

http://www.python.org/2.4/bugs.html

...suggests that firewall running on python host (read Windows software
firewall) may block the localhost TCP connection required between IDLE
parent and child processes. I don't think this problem is specific to python
2.4.  IDLE should work if you change firewall config to allow local (i.e.
intramural) TCP connections.
HTH
/old goat/