Python evolution: Unease

michele.simionato at gmail.com michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 22:31:53 EST 2005

John Roth:
> The bottom line is that I'm not going to be writing any
> extensive pieces of Python documentation. My time
> is better spent elsewhere.

Well, a couple of years ago I realized that some documentation on the
MRO
was missing. I wrote a document in reST, posted here, and Guido put it
on
python.org. It was as easy as it sounds. So I don't see your problem.

Dave Kulhman wrote some utility to convert reST in latex using the same
style of the standard library docs; I haven't used it myself, but you
may check
with him: http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/

P.S. since you cite descriptors, what's wrong with Raimond Hetting
documentation?
http://users.rcn.com/python/download/Descriptor.htm

The only problem I see is that it is not integrated with the official
docs, but this is a
minor issue, I think.

         Michele Simionato