script to automate GUI application (newbie)

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 11:22:25 EST 2005

Bogdan,

If your app is written in Java, take a look at Marathon
(http://marathonman.sourceforge.net/). It uses Jython as its scripting
language and it's pretty smart about how it does automation (i.e. it
doesn't look at screen coordinates, but at control names). It also
offers a capture/replay functionality, and it automatically builds the
Jython script that drives your flow of actions. You can then edit and
enhance the script manually.

Grig