Question about 'None'

flamesrock flamesrock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:03:11 EST 2005

Well, after playing with python for a bit I came across something
weird:

The statement (1 > None) is false (or any other value above 0). Why is
this?

(The reason I ask is sortof unrelated. I wanted to use None as a
variable for which any integer, including negative ones have a greater
value so that I wouldn't need to implement any tests or initializations
for a loop that finds the maximum of a polynomial between certain x
values. Anything is greater than nothing, no?)