python and macros (again) [Was: python3: 'where' keyword]

Paul Rubin http
Thu Jan 13 15:57:03 EST 2005

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> >> no, it says that an expression statement is a statement.  if you don't
> >> understand the difference, please *plonk* yourself.
> >
> > And what else is an expression statement but an expression (list) used
> > as a statement.
>
> Whereas an expression used within a statement is not a statement, and that
> is the difference.

Huh?  Expressions are not statements except when they're "expression
statements"?  What kind of expression is not an expression statement?
And logic would indicate that if we can separate statements from
expressions and still have "expression statements", nothing stops
us from also being able to have "statement expressions".