[OT] Good C++ book for a Python programmer

Thomas Bartkus tom at dtsam.com
Wed Jan 19 12:35:16 EST 2005

<rick_muller at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1106136496.719185.87850 at c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I'm picking up C++ again after years of using almost nothing but
> Python. I'm frankly enjoying the experience, and it's certainly
> deepening my appreciation of Python (which you can read however you
> like).

Gad!  After Python, how can you stand it (C++) ?
Adding object oriented utility to the C language was an atrocity, albeit
perhaps a necessary one given the state of the art when that particular
atrocity was committed. Aren't we past this?

If it is fast, fully compiled code you seek - couldn't you just C a few slow
functions and use them in your Python?

Thomas Bartkus