PEP 288 ponderings

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Jan 1 22:36:22 EST 2005

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 01:04:06 GMT, Steven Bethard <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote:
>PEP 288 was mentioned in one of the lambda threads and so I ended up
> reading it for the first time recently.  I definitely don't like the
> idea of a magical __self__ variable that isn't declared anywhere.  It
> also seemed to me like generator attributes don't really solve the
> problem very cleanly.  An example from the PEP[1]:
>
> [snip]

  You may be interested in greenlets.  They solve this problem in a way
which is conceptually much simpler and cleaner.

  They are available as a third party extension, and unfortunately are
not terribly well documented yet (but luckily they are quite simple).

  http://codespeak.net/svn/user/arigo/greenlet/

  Jp