Elliptic Code

Philip Smith as006d4848 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 10:30:19 EST 2005

thanks for the suggestion

I understand the algorithm quite well but how to code the multiplication
stage most efficiently in python eludes me.

William Stein's code is obviously not high performance because in the region
where ecm should do well (30-40 dec digits) my python implementation of the
rho algorithm blows it away.  In terms of factoring implementations
generally (in python) I think nzmath's mpqs is brilliant - and it has such a
small footprint I can run it in 10 threads at once.

anyway - I'll have a look at MIRACL (I have the library but have never used
it yet.

Phil

news:m3acqtu6r1.fsf at localhost.localdomain...