How to make executable file ?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 18:19:40 EST 2005

Maurice LING <mauriceling at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This may be OT but is there a way to do the same for *nix type of
> system? Like cast a python interpreter with scripts together?

Yes, but fortunately on the Mac you don't need that.

> I'm running Mac OSX here.

Assuming we're talking Mac OS X 10.3 or later, Python itself comes with
the operating system (it's used somewhere in stuff provided with the
system, such as fax handling).  As I saw others suggest, google for
py2app, it's probably the best way to handle this for the Mac today.

Alex