python 3000 and removal of builtin callable

Nicolas Fleury nid_oizo at yahoo.com_remove_the_
Tue Jan 4 11:15:23 EST 2005

Mirko Zeibig wrote:
> This is not an option for e.g. IDEs as some functions might actually do
> something when called ;-) and I like `callable` for introspection.
>
> Other ways would be to check for the `__call__` attribute or use several
> methods of the `inspect`-Module, both of which are not better than
> `callable` IMHO.

I totally agree with you.  The callable function could be moved to a
module and be built-in, but it cannot really be removed.  Calling a
callable and know if an object is a callable without calling it is
definitely not the same thing.

Regards,
Nicolas