bdb

jimbo at cordiner.com jimbo at cordiner.com
Sun Jan 23 14:24:07 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to sort how to best programmatically run the debugger on a
program, and another way that I am trying to explore is by using the
bdb module. There isn't any documentation for this and I have tried
reading through the source, which includes an example/test at the end
of bdb.py on Python 2.3/OS X.

What I can't figure out is how this might work if you wanted to have
the function 'step' through each line. I see various functions that
suggest that they might be for this but I can not get anything to work.
Has anyone any suggestions or point me in the direction of any other
docs?

Thank you!
jms.

 From the bdb.py:

def test():
     t = Tdb()
     t.run('import bdb; bdb.foo(10)')

where Tbd subclasses Bdp and overrides the user_ methods (see around
line 533 of bdb.py. But what about set_step()? Or am I way off here?