[perl-python] 20050125 standard modules

Paul Lalli mritty at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:36:52 EST 2005

"Xah Lee" <xah at xahlee.org> wrote in message
news:1106669614.666772.17750 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
--------------------------
> in perl, i don't think there is one way to
> list available modules.

<set followups to c.l.p.m, as this reply deals only with Perl>

I'm torn between knowing that I shouldn't feed trolls, and my hatred of
leaving faulty information about Perl unchecked, where some unsuspecting
newbie might stumble across it.

So to those newbies, you should know that just because this clown
doesn't think there's a way, does not in any way imply that there
actually isn't a way.

For a list of standard modules included in your distribution of Perl,
run the following command in your shell:
perldoc perlmodlib

To get a list of non-standard modules that have already been installed,
read the documentation for the ExtUtils::Installed module:
perldoc ExtUtils::Installed

To see what other modules are available to be downloaded, visit
http://www.cpan.org

Paul Lalli