string.atoi and string.atol broken?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Jan 26 11:45:19 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:23:42 +0100, rumours say that "Fredrik Lundh"
<fredrik at pythonware.com> might have written:

>Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:
>
>>>the function's named "atoi", not "atoitoa".
>>
>> <automatic_effbot_post_translator_powered_by_python>

[Fredrik] [0]
>cool.  can I have a copy of your script?

I hereby declare my script in perpetual alpha-testing stage, and
therefore won't be making it public, since I intend to make money out of
this [1] collecting all translations in a book called "The effbot's
guide to pythonology" [2].

>reminds me that I have a few patches in the inqueue.  I wonder
>what this one does? ;-)

>hmm ;-)  guess I can tune that later ;-)  and what about that other
>patch? ;-) let's see ;-)  patch, checkout, reload File "effbot.py", line 29238
>    <<<<<<< .mine
>     ^
>IndentationError: expected an indented block

You're messing with the time machine again, right?  Your patch is
probably for nightly build 20071202032501 .  At the moment, most of the
script logic (and bugs :) is concentrated in line 2:

what_to_print = raw_input("Translation of /F's single line reply? ")

[0] got it right this time

[1] Ska vi dela femtio-femtio?

[2] which book will help you improve your own python use, hopefully :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.