Window capture using WM_PRINT and Python

arN pas at demail.svp
Tue Jan 18 15:32:10 EST 2005

Hi !

I'm a Java developper and I wish to make a capture of an offscreen
window (on WinXP). It's not possible in Java, so I use a python script
and WM_PRINT, but it doesn't seem to work.

Could someone have a look at my script and give me any advise ?

TIA

--
Arnaud
my python script : python snap.py GraphicalContext_handle image_handle

win32api.SendMessage(sys.argv[2], win32con.WM_PAINT, sys.argv[3], 0)
win32api.SendMessage(sys.argv[2], win32con.WM_PRINT, sys.argv[3],
win32con.PRF_CHILDREN | win32con.PRF_CLIENT | win32con.PRF_OWNED)
"

snippet from Snapshot.java :
"
public static Image snapshot(Composite bean) {
GC gc = new GC(bean);
final Image image = new Image (null, bean.getBounds().width,
bean.getBounds().height);
String commmand = "python snap.py " + gc.handle + " " + image.handle;

Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
try {
Process p = rt.exec(command);
} catch (.....)