distutils linux script installation broken?

Cory Davis cdavisNOSP at NOSPstaffmail.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 08:30:59 EST 2005

Hi Christopher

> distutils should replace that first line with the location of the
> binary used to run setup.py. Are you running setup with the following
> command line?
>
> python setup.py install

Yes.

A possible complication is that I also have python 2.3.? on that
machine, which I am reluctant to remove incase it disturbs my linux
distribution (Fedora Core 2).
Its also possible that I have done something silly to an environment
variable.  To check this I will try installing my package either as root
or another user.

Cheers,
Cory.