modpython, apache and windows

Sam sam.sherlock at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 20:12:42 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am interested in learning python since I am hearing more and more
about python for use in web development

I am starting out on python, with knowledge of PHP some perl

my current hurdle is setting up either apache 1 or 2 with python 2.3.3 I
have installed modpython fine

which informed me that I need to make some configuration changes to
httpd.conf

I have not had it working yet, searches on the web give conflicting
suggestions and so far has confused me

some forums mention spyce and serving .spy files

so far I  one explanation worked in that a .py file was parsed but I had
to set the name of the actual file within apache.conf
this seems strange

thanks in advance >> SS