Cookbook 2nd ed Credits (was Re: The Industry choice)

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 11:15:53 EST 2005

<michele.simionato at gmail.com> wrote:

> But then I have THREE published recipes!!
> Does that mean that I get three free copies of the cookbook ? ;-)

...ti piacerebbe eh...?-)  Sorry, "one each", even though you have
_five_ credits.  For the curious, here's the roster of most credited
contributors (remember, significant comments we merged into other's
recipes also count!-)...:

 1: 42 u'Alex Martelli'
 2: 26 u'Raymond Hettinger'
 3: 25 u'Luther Blissett'
 4: 22 u'Peter Cogolo'
 5: 10 u'John Nielsen'
 6: 10 u'Anna Martelli Ravenscroft'
 7:  8 u'J\x9frgen Hermann'
 8:  7 u'Scott David Daniels'
 9:  7 u'Chris Perkins'
10:  6 u'S\x8ebastien Keim'
11:  6 u'Paul Prescod'
12:  6 u'Noah Spurrier'
13:  6 u'Jeff Bauer'
14:  6 u'Holger Krekel'
15:  6 u'Danny Yoo'
16:  6 u'Brent Burley'
17:  5 u'Paul Moore'
18:  5 u'Michele Simionato'
19:  5 u'Mark Nenadov'
20:  5 u'David Eppstein'
21:  5 u'Brian Quinlan'

If you wished to count only _authored_ recipes (but that's a bit
misleading, since in several recipes-as-published there is a merge of
two or three separately submitted and accepted recipes, and here I'm
counting only the first-listed-author per published-recipe...):

 1: 25 u'Luther Blissett'
 2: 21 u'Alex Martelli'
 3:  9 u'John Nielsen'
 4:  8 u'Raymond Hettinger'
 5:  8 u'J\x9frgen Hermann'
 6:  6 u'S\x8ebastien Keim'
 7:  6 u'Peter Cogolo'
 8:  6 u'Anna Martelli Ravenscroft'
 9:  5 u'Scott David Daniels'
10:  5 u'Paul Prescod'
11:  5 u'Michele Simionato'
12:  5 u'Mark Nenadov'
13:  5 u'Jeff Bauer'
14:  5 u'Brent Burley'

...but each still gets ONE free copy...!-)

Alex