Has apparent 2.4b1 bug been fixed? flatten in Lib\compiler\ast.py overloads 'list' name

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 19 12:17:59 EST 2005

Larry Bates wrote:

> You have name clashing between Python's built in list function
> and the variable called list that you pass into the function.
> Change the passed in variable name to something else.

I believe Bengt was merely seeking confirmation that this was indeed a
bug in a distributed library (which he then provided himself by finding
a bug report). Hence his use of the phrase "overloads 'list' name" in
the subject line!

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119