Right place for third party modules (here: fixedpoint)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Jan 24 11:09:06 EST 2005

>> I suppose fixedpoint is no package as described in the tutorial and so "site-packages" might not
>> be the right place for it.
>
> site-packages sure works on my windows xp / python 2.4 configuration.

ah, forget what I said.  you need to put the fixedpoint.py *file* under site-packages,
not the entire directory.  as that "python -v -v" would have told you:

> more out
# trying C:\python24\lib\site-packages\fixedpoint.pyd
# trying C:\python24\lib\site-packages\fixedpoint.dll
# trying C:\python24\lib\site-packages\fixedpoint.py
# trying C:\python24\lib\site-packages\fixedpoint.pyw
# trying C:\python24\lib\site-packages\fixedpoint.pyc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named fixedpoint

</F>