"Architecture of Python" was removed ?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jan 12 06:37:17 EST 2005

    Someone> Does anyone here have a copy of that document? Or who can tell
    Someone> me what is the email address of Jim Jackson or Kar-Han Tan.

    Nick> http://web.archive.org/web/20031222201953/http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs427/PYTHON

    Gerrit> This is again a nice document, and an example of a document that
    Gerrit> presumably has been removed because of maintenance
    Gerrit> reasons. Shouldn't we have a collection (archive) of these
    Gerrit> documents at python.org?

Yes, perhaps.  Note that it doesn't appear that the Wayback Machine contains
the meat of the essay, just the front page.  It came from a wiki.  Perhaps
the sysadmin folks at UIUC can dredge the content up from backup, though I
suspect they'd be unlikely to do that.

Ah, wait...  Google to the rescue yet again.  Try Googling for

    python cs427 site:uiuc.edu

then pull the pages of interest out of Google's cache.

Jim Jackson's UIUC email address is/was jwjackso at students.uiuc.edu.  Jim, if
you're out there, is it okay to reconstruct your old C427 assignment
somewhere else?

--
Skip Montanaro
skip at mojam.com