how to find site-packages path (Michael Hoffman) - use distutils

Philippe C. Martin philippecmartin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 15:28:17 EST 2005

>>The flawless way would be to use distutils. In fact you shouldn't even
>>need your own install script--it should do most of the work for you.

The reason I have not so far is I have not found a way to get what I
want done:

1) create directories in site-packages (I gather this shoudl be easy
enough)
2) copy already compiled (.pyc) and source (.py) files to those
directories
3) create directories and copy files in a directory kept in an
environment variable

Can distutils do this for me ?

Regards,

Philippe