Securing a future for anonymous functions in Python

Simo Melenius firstname.lastname at iki.fi-spam
Sat Jan 1 16:26:59 EST 2005

bokr at oz.net (Bengt Richter) writes:

> ISTM you don't need "end" -- just put the def expression in parens,
> and let the closing paren end it, e.g.:

I first rejected any parens as not being native to how
classes/toplevel functions/control blocks are written in Python.
However, this looks quite clear to me. I'd expect that in most cases
it would be difficult to mistake a block of statements in parentheses
with e.g. tuple notation. And parensing works with the old "lambda"
already, of course.

br,