Point of Sale

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Thu Jan 27 09:08:08 EST 2005

In article <mailman.1429.1106831269.22381.python-list at python.org>,
Andreas Pauley  <andreasp at qbcon.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>My company has given me a rather cool project:
>I have to provide them with an open-source python-based point-of-sale /
>cash register system that can integrate with their existing ERP backend.
>
>The project will include development to ensure that the features they
>require are included in the open-source POS system.
>
>Can you recommend anything that I can use?
			.
			.
			.
Research.  I think you're expecting an answer of the "I used
open-source openPOS project, and it worked great for me", but
I suspect all that is premature.  What does POS mean to you?
What are your platform constraints?  Does your company have
expectations about how POS will work?  What access (CORBA?
RMI?  SOAP? ...) is there to the ERP?