[ANN] XPN - X Python Newsreader 0.4.0 released
nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Wed Jan 19 13:26:38 EST 2005
XPN is a multiplatform newsreader written in Python+GTK2. It is unicode
compliant and has features like scoring/action rules, configurable
attribution lines and random taglines, search facilities and filtered
views, import/export newsrc ...
You can find it on:
I'd really appreciate every type of feedback.
Changes in this release:
* v0.4.0: added off-line reading. Now you can download the whole bodies, or mark
some article and download their bodies.
* v0.4.0: added Keep Article and Watch/Ignore SubThread
* v0.4.0: added actions rule, now you can !keep, !watch, !ignore (and so on) your
article through rules
* v0.4.0: now XPN stores the position and the size of Main Window and Edit Window
* v0.4.0: now you can customize the charsets list XPN use to encode your outgoing
* v0.4.0: improved speed when loading groups list in Groups Window.
* v0.4.0: fixed a bug in the binary version that caused a crash trying to subscribe
* v0.4.0: added Oriental Charsets support (thanks to Python2.4)
* v0.4.0: added Global Search, you can search the whole groups and put the results
in a virtual group
* v0.4.0: added filtered views
* v0.4.0: moved to GTK2.4 and Python2.4
* v0.4.0: added a TraceBack viewer and an error logger
* v0.4.0: reorganized some menus
* v0.4.0: now the background color is changed also on Groups Pane and Headers pane
* v0.4.0: added a lot of little features/enhancements
* v0.4.0: fixed a lot of bugs
I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing.
|\ | |HomePage : http://nem01.altervista.org
| \|emesis |XPN (my nr): http://xpn.altervista.org
More information about the Python-list