COM on a network drive can't find pywintypes23.dll

Marco Aschwanden PPNTWIMBXFFC at spammotel.com
Mon Jan 31 03:58:54 EST 2005

Hi

I have installed Python (2.3.4) on a shared network drive. I use it to run
a bunch of application on the workstations (Win2K).

Now I am running into the first problem ever. I try to use COM to generate
a word-file. It runs fine on my machine (Python installed locally). When I
deploy it and start the app on another workstation from the fileserver -
it runs but as soon as it comes to the COM part it exits saying:

The procedure entry point
?PyWinObject_AsDEVMODE@@YAHPAU_object@@PAPAU_devicemodeA@@H at Z could not be
located in the dynamic link library pywintypes23.dll

Heck... I copied the files:

pythoncom23.dll
pywintypes23.dll

to about "1000" locations to make it run (Application's dir, Workstation's
System Dirs, Fileserver's Python main and bin dir, ...). I tried setting
the path on the workstations. But nothing seems to solve the problem.

Do you have any proposals how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Marco