[ANN] iCalendar package 0.9

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Tue Jan 18 02:46:33 EST 2005

"Max M" <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote in message news:41ebd292$0$253$edfadb0f at dread12.news.tele.dk...
> http://www.mxm.dk/products/public/ical/
>
> Any feedback would be welcome.

How well do you cope with the crud that real programs generate?  Does it work
with the different dialects uses out there?  Can it at least identify them?

The reason why I ask is this would be useful for BitPim.  When I wrote the
code for doing vCards, I soon found that there wasn't actually a single
program out there on Windows, Linux or Mac that actually generated 100%
standards conformant vCards.  They generally complied with the spirit,
but screwed up character encoding, misspelled fields names, didn't do
the right thing when commas and semi-colons were present in values etc.
I assume the thing happens with ical.

Roger