Securing a future for anonymous functions in Python

Paul Rubin http
Fri Jan 7 07:12:54 EST 2005

"Anna" <annaraven at gmail.com> writes:
> Having taken some calculus (derivatives, limits, some integrals) but
> never even heard of lambda calculus, to me, lambda means absolutely
> NOTHING. Less than nothing.

Lambda calculus is from mathematical logic, but more to the point
"lambda" has been the term used in Lisp for this operation since time
immemorial.  Since the kinds of programmers who want to use anonymous
functions have probably been exposed to Lisp at one time or another,
"lambda" should not cause any confusion.