bind error!!!!!

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jan 18 10:28:23 EST 2005

Perrin Aybara wrote:

> hi..
> my code was working pretty well until yesterday.suddenly it started
> giving me bind error: address already in use.
> but i have logged out and again logged in, but still the problem is not solved
> can somebody give me solution for this
>
> thankx
> perrin
Next time, please ask a slightly smarter question:

I presume you are talking about a socket-based server program?

There's a timeout period during which your server port will be left
unusable (according to the TCP standards). You can avoid this by setting
the socket.SO_REUSEADDR option when you open your server socket.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119