[ANN] PyScript 0.5 released
cochrane at physics.uq.edu.au
Fri Jan 21 04:43:36 CET 2005
PyScript is a python module for producing high quality postscript
graphics. Rather than use a GUI to draw a picture, the picture is
programmed using python and the PyScript objects.
Some of the key features are:
* All scripting is done in python, which is a high level, easy to
learn, well developed scripting language.
* All the objects can be translated, scaled, rotated, ... in fact
any affine transformation.
* Plain text is automatically kerned.
* You can place abritrary LaTeX expressions on your figures.
* You can create your own figure objects, and develop a library of
* Output is publication quality.
LICENSE: Released under the GPL
The major change in this release is a complete rewrite of the Path
object. The internals have completely changed and there have been
some incompatible changes with previous versions but it's now much
closer to what was envisaged for the object. There have also been
many bug fixes and minor other improvements. For details see the
PyScript web page:
<P><A HREF="http://pyscript.sourceforge.net">PyScript 0.5</A> - a
python module for producing high quality postscript graphics; rather
than use a GUI to draw a picture, the picture is programmed using
python and the pyscript objects. (10-Jan-05)
paultcochrane at users.sourceforge.net
More information about the Python-list