One-Shot Property?

Kevin Smith Kevin.Smith at sas.com
Tue Jan 18 11:54:56 EST 2005

I have many cases in my code where I use a property for calculating a
value on-demand.  Quite a few of these only need to be called once.
After that the value is always the same.  In these properties, I set a
variable in the instance as a cached value and return that value on
subsequent calls.  It would be nice if there was a descriptor that would
do this automatically.  Actually, what would be really nice is if I
could replace the property altogether and put the calculated value in
its place after the first call, but the property itself prevents me from
doing that.  Is this possible?

--
Kevin Smith
Kevin.Smith at sas.com