variable declaration

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Mon Jan 31 11:12:09 EST 2005

Alex Martelli wrote:
> If Python doesn't fit YOUR brain, for example because your brain is
> ossified around a craving for the declaration of variables,
> then, unless
> you're specifically studying a new language just for personal growth
> purposes, I think you might well be better off with a language that
> DOES, at least until and unless your brain changes by other means.

*shudder* Once a VB coder, always a VB coder? Whatever your first shop
uses, you're stuck with for life? Again, I say *shudder*.

Bah. Nothing teaches you a new language like having your job depend upon
it. People who study languages merely for "personal growth" learn 50% of
the syntax and 1% of the concepts, and then fritter that learning away
on inconsequential newsgroups the world over.

Alex Z, keep using and learning Python. Let it change your brain.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org