Cookbook 2nd ed Credits

Dan Perl danperl at rogers.com
Wed Jan 5 13:52:06 EST 2005

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1gpxjfg.thnaf0oys6jrN%aleaxit at yahoo.com...
> Dan Perl <danperl at rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:1gpvtjk.3jf7dc1cch7yfN%aleaxit at yahoo.com...
>> >
>> > Not yet -- do you think I should put it up on my website?
>>
>> Updating the status of the recipes on the web site would be nice.
>
> Please take this up with Activestate guys -- I have no say on what
> happens on the website they own, nor any special status there.

I was under the impression that the status on the website reflects whether
the recipes are approved or rejected for the book (with a few more states
added: new, deferred, pending).  I gather now from your reply that there is
no connection between that status and the book.

Okay then, I am adding my vote to posting the list of all the contributors.
I still think that the ActiveState website is an appropriate place to do
that, as they also have the recipes.  Actually, what is the exact
relationship between the recipes on the website and the recipes published in
the book?

If not on the ActiveState website, then posting the list to another website
would be good too.  Even if the list is not absolutely final and may be
changed later (a disclaimer to that effect would suffice).  I have two
recipes submitted (for which I got permission requests) and I am curious.

BTW, I sent an email to pythoncookbook at activestate.com earlier today, before
I even saw this thread in c.l.p.  I haven't received a reply from them yet.

Dan