human readable IPTC field names

Jonah Bossewitch jb2410 at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 12 15:36:30 EST 2005

Hi,

I am using PIL's IptcImagePlugin to extract the IPTC tags from an image
file.  I was able to successfully retrieve the tags from the image
(thanks!), but the results are keyed off of cryptic tuples.

I found the lookup codes here -
http://demo.imagefolio.com/demo/ImageFolio31_files/skins/cool_blue/images/iptc.html,
but I was wondering if these existed anywhere in the code.  Would it
make sense to include a label lookup on these keys?  Maybe as a
dictionary or a properties file alongside the IptcImagePlugin?

I am not sure if these field names are standard, but named lookups off
of keys would be much more readable

does such a lookup table exist?  Does it make sense to include with the
IptcImagePlugin?  I would be willing to work on this if anyone was
interested.

thanks,
Jonah
Jonah Bossewitch