what's OOP's jargons and complexities?

PA petite.abeille at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:00:12 EST 2005

Hi Dan,

On Jan 29, 2005, at 02:31, Dan Perl wrote:

> At first I thought you were being sarcastic.

For once, no. Something which is pretty much out of character I have to
confess 8^)

>  I doubt that now.  Iindulge my
> curiosity please and tell us what you enjoy about it.

Well... perhaps it's a question of timing...

I'm trying to keep up with some New Year resolutions:

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/loty/

And therefore learning a little language named Lua:

http://www.lua.org/about.html

The catch is that I have been doing OOP for well over a decade now, so
me first Lua perversion is to build an OO system of sort:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.general/13515

Ironically enough, Xah Lee's post spelled out quite incisively all the
things I was attempting to do in Lua, but from the opposite point of
view. Therefore my sincere enjoyment of his post :)

Even though Mr Lee seems to have quite a reputation in some circles, I
have to admit I enjoyed reading some of his, er, more convoluted essays
as well.

Plus, a man which such cinematographic tastes [1] cannot be entirely
bad :P

http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/Personal_dir/favorite_movies.html

Cheers

--