Apache/mod_python & MySQLdb

scott root at [127.0.0.1]
Wed Jan 12 22:33:48 EST 2005

AIUI, global variables are supposed to be preserved within each Apache
thread/prcoess.

However, I'm importing and using MySQLdb within a class in a separate
module, which is in turn imported and used within a _function (ie. not
"published").  So, AFAICT, it's not supposed to be preseved.

But unless I specifically close() the database connection, it gets
stranded and I eventually run out of connections, even if I del the
connection and cursor objects.

What gives?  What happened to GC?

Also, is there an easy way to run pychecker on mod_python scripts?  It
fails since _apache doesn't exist outside of Apache....

regards,
Confused & tired of PHP.