python guy ide

Kartic kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:54:47 EST 2005

Ionel,

There are IDE's based on wxPython like SPE and DrPython. SPE is great,
but it stops responding when I try to run my wxPython apps (probably
something I am doing!). DrPython is another free IDE and it is nice
too.

>From what I have read, WingIDE is an excellent product (it is a
commercial product).

Actually , the "best" IDE depends on how you will be using it. If you
are looking at nifty debugging features I believe WingIDE is one of the
top environments.

SPE has it own GUI designer (basically invokes wxGlade), also has a 3D
modelling tool (Blender), does syntax checking using pycheck and has
good debug capabilities. From what I have seen, I like SPE quite a bit
(except for my wx programs hanging).

SPE - http://spe.pycs.net/
DrPython - http://drpython.sourceforge.net/
WingIDE - http://www.wingide.com/
You can google for Python IDE and see what comes up.

Thanks,
--Kartic