complex numbers

It's me itsme at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 18:01:27 EST 2005

You are focusing on computational type applications of complex numbers.  For
those, you can do it with any languages - including machine language.  It's
just a matter of how much headache you want.

For instance, when constructing "software lego parts" (such as the
Matlab/Simulink type), it's very annoying that you need to know what kind of
signal comes in and goes out.   In Malab/Simulink, for instance, you specify
that the signal is of the "inherit" type (meaning you don't care what type
it is - just process it).   In Python, it's of type "duck", just pass it
on...I don't need to care if it's real or complex.   I don't need to devise
yet another overloaded operator or function whenever I encounter a situation
where the native language doesn't handle.

news:cs17od$ag1$1 at mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE...