File Handling Problems Python I/O

Josh JoshuaACohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:29:01 EST 2005

Hi,

I am having a problem with Python. I am new to Python as a programming
language, but I do have experience in other languages. I am
experiencing strange problems with File handling and wonder if anyone
else has seen this or knows what I am doing wrong. I am simply trying
to open a file for read and iterate through until the end of file. I am
able to do so without a problem, but here's the catch: The open
statement is only working on certain files. I open a simple text file
say file1.txt without any issues, but I change the open statement to
another text file and it error's out stating the file doesn't exist. I
know the code is correct because it worked for the other file. I have
tried both binary and ascii modes to no avail. Any idea why this is
happening? I am running Python 2.3.4 wxPython 2.5.3.1 and SPE as the
IDE on Win2k. Thanks

Josh