Memory Usage

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 11:54:17 EST 2005

In message <ct3300$p3e$1 at solaris.cc.vt.edu>, rbt <rbt at athop1.ath.vt.edu>
writes
>That's right. I look at that column. Should I measue mem usage in some
>other way?

Try VM Validator, a free memory visualization tool from Software
Verification.

        http://www.softwareverify.com
        http://www.softwareverify.com/vmValidator/index.html

It shows paged memory usage and also Virtual Memory manager usage on
separate tabs. Colour coded visual representation of each 4K page of
memory.

Probably more use on more memory intensive applications than yours, but
may still shed some light all the same. Either launch Python from VM
Validator, or inject VM Validator into your running Python.exe process.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk