Using HTTPSConnection and verifying server's CRT

Marc Poulhiès marc.poulhiesNO-SP4M at epfl.ch
Mon Jan 31 10:48:43 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to build a system using HTTPS with python clients that have
to verify the server's identity. From the Python document, it seems that
the server's certificate is not veryfied, and authentication can only be
in the other way (client authentication).
I know usually users only click on 'yes I trust this certificate', but
what if you really care (this is my case)?

I tried to see if the M2Crypto has this possibility, but from my tests
and from what I can find on the website, it seems not :/

Can someone confirm me this is not possible or point me to something
that could help me?

 Thanks,
   Marc