python module in webmin

moma moma at example.net
Thu Jan 27 06:43:48 EST 2005

sam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Had anyone written any python module for webmin?
> Since  webmin is written in perl, but I want to write a python
> app/module used by webmin. If you know the detail of writing a python
> module for use in perl webmin, please drop me some guideline.
>
> Perhaps It is better off to find/write a python version of webmin first.
>
> Thanks
> Sam.

Some tips.

0)
  Webmin API-spesification  (search for "Python" word)
  http://www.webmin.com/modules.html

1)
Read:
  http://www.cendio.se/~peter/python-webmin/

  Read README and Webmin.py.
  It says that 25% of API is converted to Python.
  It's normal CGI scripting and HTML. So you can easily
  write a real Webmin-module in Python.

  Maybe you can help to make Webmin.py more complete :)?

2)
Search for "Python" here
  http://webmin.thirdpartymodules.com/?page=Search

  Find any modules written in Python?