Any Python XML Data Binding Utilities Avaiable?

Kartic kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 01:17:25 EST 2005

Hi,

I have heard about and played with pyRXP (from reportlab.org) that
parses XML to pythonic objects. If you want a validating parser pyRXPu
(Unicode pyRXP, part of same distro) is recommended on xml forums.

There is another parser by 4suite.org. Never tried it.

Also check out
1. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python?kwd=XML for Python
XML recipes
2. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/149368 - for
an XML to Object recipe.
3. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/298721 - an
update to the above recipe by some other pythonista.

Item #2 above did not handle multiple occurances of elements well (or
may be it was me!), for example for multiple accounts in a download XML
config file I created, only got one account instance instead of 3.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
--Kartic