Python 2.1 - 2.4 differences

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 24 17:56:30 EST 2005

> "BOOGIEMAN" <BOOGIEMANPN at YAHOO.COM> wrote in message
> news:tcedpqix23lw$.v3p06vutw05p$.dlg at 40tude.net...
>
>I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
>first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know
>where
>can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
>published yet in my country.

Hi,

Dive Into Python is available both as a physical book and at
<http://diveintopython.org/>. It is reported to be a good intro for
those with programming experience. I don't and found it quite
readable, albeit after looking at some gentler books first.

A quick examination of my local copy has a revision date of
2004-05-20. (There may be a more recent version at the site.) I can't
seem to find  an indication of Python version covered, but some of the
interactive prompts have at least the Python 2.3.2 version identifier.

HTH,

Brian vdB