How to install pyparallel

Michel LE VAN KIEM michel.levankiem at free.fr
Thu Jan 13 16:43:39 EST 2005

The complete error message is :
 >>> import parallel
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/parallel/parallelppdev.py:32:
FutureWarning: x<<y losing bits or changing sign will return a long in
Python 2.4 and up IOC_INOUT = (IOC_WRITE | _IOC_READ) << _IOC_DIRSHIFT
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/parallel/parallelppdev.py:33:
FutureWarning: x<<y losing bits or changing sign will return a long in
Python 2.4 and up IOC_OUT = _IOC_READ << _IOC_DIRSHIFT

 >>> p=parallel.Parallel()
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/parallel/parallelppdev.py", line
176, in __init__     self.PPCLAIM
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/parallel/parallelppdev.py", line
203, in PPCLAIM     fcntl.ioctl(self._fd, PPCLAIM)
ppdev0: [Errno 6] failed to register device !