Iteration over two sequences

John Lenton jlenton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:09:20 EST 2005

> Downloading, installing, and getting to know numerical modules for
> Python is mext on my list :). However, I was under the impression
that
> Numarray is preferred to Numeric -- is that correct? Are these two
> competing packages? (Hopefully this is not flame war bait...)

Numeric's dot uses, if the appropriate libraries are installed,
processor-tuned code (it tries to load blas, and an attempt to load
blas will load atlas if present). Last time I checked numarray did not,
and so Numeric's dot is (or was) faster than numarray's dot by an order
of magnitude (and more, as the size of the array grew).