Solutions for data storage?

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Wed Jan 19 03:57:52 EST 2005

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> My ideal solution would be an object database (or object-relational
> mapper, I guess) which provided total transparency in all but a few
> places, built-in indexing, built-in features for handling schema
> changes, the ability to create attributes which are required to be
> unique among other instances, and built-in querying with
> pretty syntax.

Thanks; I'll add unique indexing to the feature list for Dejavu. Should
be about 15 lines of code. :)

Try svn://casadeamor.com/dejavu/trunk if you want a truly Pythonic query
syntax. Wait a couple of days, and I'll have version 1.3 ready and
online at http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python -- lots of changes from
1.2.6 which is there now, but at least you can read old docs online now
without svn.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries