MSI Difficulties

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jan 27 18:21:46 EST 2005

brolewis wrote:
> However both of these commands fail to update the Windows path to
> include C:\Python24 and as such creates problems for me when trying to
> actually use Python.

Not surprisingly so. The Python installation makes no attempt to update
the PATH, and never did so, in any recent release.

> How can I rectify this situation?

There shouldn't be any need to. Just invoke .py files at the command
line, and Windows will find python.exe itself. If you want to invoke
it interactively, either use the Start menu, or invoke
c:\python24\python.exe manually (use the Tab key to not spell out the
entire path letter-by-letter).

Regards,
Martin