Python Operating System???

Paul Rubin http
Sat Jan 8 17:54:57 EST 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_machine

> My first guess would be -- not very.  And I'd like to install it on my PC.

Although written with federal funds at a university, it was never
released to the public, but was instead offered for sale from some
companies.  The conflicts over this led to the birth of the free
software movement.

Also, it was never intended to run on PC's (which didn't exist at that
time).  It needed special hardware that was built for the purpose of
running Lisp.  Lately there are people trying to program PC's to
simulate the Lisp hardware and to get the Lisp Machine software
released (now that the commercial market for it has long since dried
up).  However, both of those projects have a ways to go.