python3: 'where' keyword

Carl Banks invalidemail at aerojockey.com
Mon Jan 10 06:09:40 EST 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:
> "Carl Banks" <invalidemail at aerojockey.com> writes:
> > And a suite, be it a def statement, a where block, or whatever,
belongs
> > in a statement, not an expression.
>
> So do you approve of the movement to get rid of the print statement?

Any little incremental change in Python you could make by having or not
having a print statement would be minor compared to the H-Bomb of
ugliness we'd get if suites of statements were to be allowed inside
Python expressions.  Having or not having a print statement might
violate some small aspect of the Zen, but it won't rape the whole list.

So I don't know what point you're trying to make.

But to answer your question, I would prefer a Python without a print
statement, since a print method could do anything the print statement
could.

--
CARL BANKS