Debian says "Warning! you are running an untested version of Python." on 2.3

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Thu Jan 13 11:30:03 EST 2005

Alex Stapleton <alexs at advfn.com> wrote:
>  Whenever I run python I get
>
>  "Warning! you are running an untested version of Python."
>
>  prepended to the start of any output on stdout.
>
>  This is with Debian and python 2.3 (running the debian 2.1 and 2.2 binaries
>  doesn't have this effect)

What version of a) Debian and b) python are you running?

I don't have that problem here (I'm running testing/sarge)

  $ python2.4 -c 'pass'
  $ python2.3 -c 'pass'
  $ python2.2 -c 'pass'
  $ python2.1 -c 'pass'
  $

  $ dpkg -l python2.1  python2.2  python2.3  python2.4
  ii  python2.1      2.1.3-25       An interactive high-level object-oriented la
  ii  python2.2      2.2.3-10       An interactive high-level object-oriented la
  ii  python2.3      2.3.4-18       An interactive high-level object-oriented la
  ii  python2.4      2.4-2          An interactive high-level object-oriented la